The Denver Zoo
Zoos are one of the most favorite attractions for families and friends to reunite. Zoos have an amazing environment where people can learn all about the behaviors and life patterns of all different types of species. You can do all of this while enjoying fresh air in a safe, enjoyable setting.
The Denver Zoo is one of those awesome attractions set on 80 acres in downtown Denver. Recently it was named the #1 zoo in the nation by Bio Explorer and it has a very unique beginning when it was donated an orphaned black bear. As they constructed a home for this bear, called Bear Mountain, it became the very first zoo in the country to have a realistic habitat enclosure rather than a cage with bars.
If you’re in Denver just visiting, or you’re a resident, the zoo is one of those attractions you should visit asap. You won’t be disappointed!
How much does it cost to go to the Denver Zoo?
There are two main ways to enter the zoo – you can purchase a daily admission ticket, or you can purchase an annual membership which gives you unlimited FREE daytime admission to the zoo (among many other perks).
How long does it take to visit the zoo?
The length of time you spend at the zoo completely depends on you. There is no deadline or time frame you have to adhere by (other than the formal closing time of the zoo) so you’re welcome to stroll and visit the animals at your leisure.
Most guests take approximately 2-3 hours during their visit but it could take you longer if you decide to do some shopping or take some extra time for lunch. Many families will enjoy some of the park benches and tables that are laid out throughout the park.
Does the zoo sell alcohol?
Yes, the zoo does sell beer and wine at certain of their restaurants. In fact, a few of them offer mobile ordering and they will deliver it to certain designated areas of the zoo.
Can you leave the zoo and come back?
You are allowed to leave the zoo and come back as long as it’s within the same day and as long as you have your hand stamped for re-entry.
How to get to the zoo:
Approximate time: 21 minutes (10.9 miles)
- Take W 74th Ave for 0.2 miles
- Turn left on N Federal Blvd for 0.2 miles
- Merge onto US-36 E for 5.5 miles
- Exit 2A onto CO-2 S/US-85 S and continue straight for 0.9 miles
- Continue onto CO-2 S/ Colorado Blvd for 2.8 miles
- Turn right onto E 23rd Ave and proceed for 0.4 miles
- Turn left into the Denver Zoo
Approximate time: 20 minutes (7.6 miles)
- Head northwest on Vaughn St for ½ mile
- Make a left turn onto E 13th Ave and continue for 0.6 miles
- Turn right onto Peoria St and go straight for 0.8 miles
- Make a left onto E Montview Blvd for 4.9 miles
- Make a right onto Colorado Blvd going straight for 0.2 miles
- Make a left onto E 23rd Ave for 0.4 miles
- Turn left into the Zoo
Approximate time: 26 minutes (9.2 miles)
- Head south on S Broadway toward W Lehigh Ave and make a left on E Lehigh for 0.3 miles
- Make a left turn onto S Logan St going straight for 0.2 miles
- Turn right onto Hampden Bypass for 1.3 miles
- Turn left onto S University Blvd and continue straight for 4.5 miles
- Keep going straight onto Josephine St for 1.9 miles
- Josephine St will turn into York St – go straight for 0.4 miles
- Make a right turn onto E 23rd Ave for 0.6 miles
Our retaining wall service
If ever you need a retaining wall contractor in Denver to help with a project, both residential and commercial, we'd love to assist. We can assess the area and the scope of work and provide a quick turnaround time for estimates. We are very meticulous with our work and adhere to very tight deadlines. We thank you for your business.